As of July 12, 2021, Fares will be collected
Tokens may be used in place of the $1.00 fare. Tokens may be purchased at: Chemung County Transit System, 1201 Clemens Center Parkway, Elmira, NY 14901.
Steuben Transit System buses do NOT operate on New Year's Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
No, pets are not allowed on the bus. Service animals are permitted.
Steuben Transit System offers the convenience of a flag-stop system. This means you may flag the bus anywhere along the route and the driver will pull over at the closest, safe area. Please be obvious if you would like the driver to pull over by waving your arms or your Steuben Transit System bus pass and looking directly at the driver. To locate where a route travels, please review the "Routes" link on the top of the page. Each route has a map you may zoom in and see exactly where the bus travels.
1. No eating or drinking.
2. No smoking, including e-cigarettes or vaping.
3. No animals allowed unless it’s a service animal.
4. Place bags and packages on your lap and secured so as not to block the aisle or slide around.
5. Be prepared to pay the correct fare and present a valid identification card when requesting a reduced fare.
6. Use earphones when playing audio or video devices.
7. No littering, running, horseplay, or swearing.
8. Do not harass the driver and other passengers.
9. No posting or soliciting or distributing pamphlets without permission from Steuben Transit System.
Please refer to the 2016 Transit Passenger and Visitor Conduct Policy available by request by calling the Steuben Transit System office at 1-800-445- 4423 or on www.RIDESteuben.com. Drivers may discharge passengers who are not following the rules. Violation of public law such as assault, carrying a concealed weapon, and vandalism or property damage will be considered a serious offense. Failure to follow the rules could lead to suspension of ridership, including long term suspension.